Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October, Day 23 - The Living Years

Bigbaddrac's Twitter feed.

SEVEN BLADES AGAINST DRACULA (Spencer, 02) Harris makes a grand go of it, and there're fewer kids, but it just ain't canon without Peyton.

Toni Blackthorn's blog, The Bay of Angels.

I'm pretty sure I'd do just about anything anyone asked me if it would get Matthew Peyton back as Dracula.

Paul Affeldt's introductory remarks, FrightFreakFest screening of DRACULA, Rialto Theatre, Portland, Oregon.

Good evening, and thank you for having me here. I'm pleased to see so many of you here tonight, at a screening held on the occasion of my father's birthday. It would have meant a lot to him, and means a lot to the arts administrator you see standing before you.

At the time it was being made, this movie meant a lot of long hours for my dad, and many nights when he simply wasn't around. But it also meant an absence note signed by him to get me out of school to attend the movie's opening with him. It meant being subject to more gore and horror at a young age than some school boards would find appropriate, the kind of questionable call made by my father that I loved him for, and continue to love him for today. I'm pleased to see that some of you continue this proud tradition of lousy parenting, and offer a special hello to the children present in the audience tonight.

I've noticed that a lot of these events are held on the anniversary of a death, and I'm pleased that FrightFreakFest is celebrating my father's birthday, and by extension his life, and his work. I know that among the works that made him the most proud were his Dracula films with Matt Peyton, and though Matt no longer attends screenings of these particular films, he has told me that he's pleased that they still draw audiences, and I'm sure he'll be pleased to hear that so many of you came out on such a lovely afternoon to see this, his first work with the character, and with my father. If you're here for the first time, I hope you enjoy it.

And I hope the management will give me a minute to take my seat, so I can enjoy this movie with you. Thank you very much for coming.



To be concluded.


No comments:

Post a Comment