Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October, Day 17 - FIFTY GUNS AGAINST DRACULA

Bigbaddrac's Twitter feed.

FIFTY GUNS AGAINST DRACULA (Ho, 95) PeytonDracula unleashes newschool moves in HK gun fu co-prod. It's every bit as awesome as you'd hope.


Matthew Peyton's Diary.


I'd been very impressed by the genre films I'd seen out of Hong Kong - very exciting filmmaking, powerful energy. When I was asked if I wanted to work on a Hong Kong co-production of a Dracula film I jumped at the chance. I'd never been to Hong Kong, and given that I was turning forty I though that I'd better do this movie now while I could still do at least some of the fight scenes!

They didn't blink at hiring Ted for the effects scenes. The crew worked faster and scrappier than I was used to, really, but Ted thrived in that environment. And the death scene was absolute genius, with Dracula getting blown up with a rocket launcher to expose his heart, which Shung Khan's hero could finally impale with the sacred dagger since it was trailing from my chest exposed on the floor. Of all of the deaths that Ted concocted for me that was probably my favorite. Never mind that it almost really killed me.


...and the story continues here.


No comments:

Post a Comment