Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011: The House of Sparrows Top 20

The Golden Sparrow: MYSTERIES OF LISBON


The 20 (in order seen):

AND EVERYTHING IS GOING FINE
EVANGELION 2.0: YOU WILL (NOT) ADVANCE
UNCLE BOONMEE WHO CAN RECALL HIS PAST LIVES
OF GODS AND MEN
FAST FIVE
DIRTY DIARIES
TRIGUN: BADLANDS RUMBLE
THE TRIP
THE GUARD
ESSENTIAL KILLING
BELLFLOWER
CONTAGION
DRIVE
THE HOLE
THE SKIN I LIVE IN
INTO THE ABYSS
LE HAVRE
J. EDGAR
MELANCHOLIA
THE DESCENDANTS

Underseen, Undervalued, Underetc.:

THE BEAVER
RESTLESS
THE WAY

2 comments:

  1. Melancholia, The Way, and The Descendants all made my Ten Best list for 2011. I find it ironic that my wife had to drag me to see The Way and I wound up loving it so much. Will probably be buying the DVD at some point in 2012, ditto Melancholia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw THE WAY on my holiday flight from San Francisco to DC - I hadn't even heard of it (don't think it was even released in SF), and I was surprised to see it playing theatrically on the East Coast upon arrival. There's some hackneyed bits to it, but it was the perfect film at the perfect time. It helped.

    ReplyDelete